John Sayles' AMIGO and A Moment in the Sun out at last.




Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back In Manila

We arrived in Manila on February 4- sacrificing Chinese New Year to the International Dateline-and spent two nights at the lively house of Cecille Baun. (We miss you, Tita Cecille). I put on my Ninang/Producer hat and planned a civil wedding: guess who or read on!
Our excellent Philippine distributor Origin8 has organized a screening for educators at My Cinema, Greenbelt 3, graciously offered to us by Don Jaime Zobel who is a fan of AMIGO, I am happy to say.
Bembol Roco and Joel Torre with John at Figaro’s and then at My Havana with Ronnie Lazaro an unnamed waiter (“Can I take a picture”) and Dong Alegre (producer of the hugely successful Philippine tour of MISS SAIGON.
We are so happy to be seeing our cast, who have become our friends, and grateful for their support of AMIGO.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment