John Sayles' AMIGO and A Moment in the Sun out at last.




Thursday, November 11, 2010

LA was great

Our AFI Festival screening was a great success. Despite disastrous online ticketing (apologies to all who were discouraged) over 700 people came to see AMIGO on the big screen at Grauman's Chinese Theater. Thanks to AFI Festival for inviting us and to the projectionist (hooray!) for beautiful projection.

We are turning some new corner. Instead of hearing about the dismal prospects for making money, we hear that AMIGO is beautiful and important and a good story. "Like MATEWAN" which will mean something to you oldtimers out there.

Thanks to Winston and Cate for all their help. And thank you all for coming. Keep the buzz building.
I'll get some photos up soon.
Maggie

3 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    My name is Alan Skontra, and I write the daily About Town column for the Hoboken edition of patch.com. Since you and John are two of our most notable residents, I would like to interview you both, especially to talk about Amigo. Please contact me if you are willing and able to talk, either in person, via email or over the phone at your convenience.

    Thank you,
    Alan Skontra
    hoboken.patch.com
    alanskontra@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do for sure, Alan. I'd like to wait to run the piece till we know when AMIGO will open in Jersey. LOTS of pinoys in New Jersey! I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait until this arrives in the Phila. area. I need my Sayles fix!!

    ReplyDelete